Wednesday, November 26, 2008

a Thanksgiving first


I just made my very first cheesecake! I said Thanksgiving first above but really, it is an overall first. It took me awhile to work up the nerve to add this pumpkin cheesecake to the menu for tomorrow, but after a close friend gave a most compelling pep talk (surprisingly, pretty close to the pep talk I gave her about having a third child...you can do this), I took the plunge. I have to say that even though I found out that the spring loaded pan and I are, as Sam would say, not best friends anymore (is it supposed to leak melted butter all over the inside of the oven the night before I have to cook a holiday feast?) and even though I ended up with a pretty sizable crack on the top when I removed it from the pan, I'm still pretty proud of myself. Although, no one has tasted it yet...I'll post with comments from the crowd after the big meal tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: