Bedtime prayers tonight turned into the kids (mostly Grace) schooling me about God. There was quite a bit said but I'll paraphrase down to the memorable parts of the conversation:
Sam: "God, please bless my racecar friend Dan." I love that the pretend friend came before his pets, then his grandparents and then finally his parents and sister.
****************
Sam: "God is going to appear in my room tonight."
Grace: "God is going to appear in my room tonight and I'll have to open my eyes like this and see His back while he's working on fixing my room."
Sam: "Grace, if He's working in your room tell him, 'Stop, God! Go see my brother, he's sleeping in his room.' "
Grace: "And I'll tell Him to pat you and then come back to my room to pat me. Mom, God has really hard shoes so if you hear Him up here, you can come up and see Him."
****************
Grace: "Where does God sleep?"
Me: "I don't think He sleeps...He's always watching over you."
Grace: "Oh, He doesn't need to sleep because He's already growed."
****************
Upon catching Grace out of her bedroom after she'd already been tucked into bed, I asked her if I needed to lock her door, and if I had to do that, how would God get in. She answered with, "Well, God has a key, Mama."
And there you have it.
No comments:
Post a Comment