Until I realized that I was mistaken and that they were actually going to two separate orchards several miles away from each other. TWO SEPARATE ORCHARDS?! Oh yeah, and that Kris would be traveling to Cleveland that week and could no way take the morning off to go with one of them.
So, I had to ask the kids' sitter if she could work the morning that day so she could transport and chaperon one of them instead of getting the day off like I had originally planned. She happily agreed.
Then I was faced with the choice. Which kid gets mama and which one gets the sitter (not that that is a punishment or anything!). Trying to take the easy way out, I asked Katie if she had a preference with which kid she went. Of course, she didn't...or she didn't want to say. :) After much deliberation, I decided that, since Sam seems to get slightly more attention than Grace, whether that be for discipline or simply because he doesn't nap anymore and she's usually down for 1-2 hours every afternoon, I would go with Grace and give her a little one-on-one mama time. Sam, surprisingly, was totally okay with this scenario.
Grace and I had a wonderful morning with her class eating donuts, learning about how apple cider is made, taking a tractor ride, picking out pumpkins and checking out the playground and petting zoo.




I was wondering how the other trip was going, though, and was a little upset that I didn't have a backup camera to send with Sam's backup "mommy". That's why I was thrilled when Katie returned back with a great report on wonderful behavior and fun times at the pumpkin patch. And I was also thrilled when one of the other moms from Sam's class sent me a couple of shots from his trip. 
I realize scenarios like this are just breaking me in for sports events and performances and such in high school...hopefully somewhere along the way I'll learn to stress a little less about the decision!
1 comment:
I think you handled this situation well :) I'm not looking forward to these sorts of situations myself. Great pics as usual :)
Post a Comment